Sunday, August 12, 2012

Keshia Chante to Play Aaliyah in Biopic


There are talks of making a movie about the life of Aaliyah Haughton.  There are rumors about whether or not her family is on board with a biopic being made about the deceased singer.  What we do know as a matter of facts are that the Haughton Family are not in complete control of Aaliyah's Estate and a movie about her life can be made with or without her families approval.  I have even heard rumors about a new Aaliyah album being in the works.

 According to Aaliyah's brother regarding a biopic of her life Rashad states, "No female I have seen can play my sister."  The people who are in talks to make this film about Aaliyah are determined to use New Singer Keshia Chante to play Aaliyah.


Here are some words on the situation from Keshia Chante:

And from my understanding, there are people trying to create a movie and Aaliyah’s family are still mourning her loss and aren’t ready to share her story and create a film. So there’s a bit of back and forth thing with her family and with creative people. And I know that they would bless a movie being created, they’re just not 100 percent comfortable and unfortunately from my understanding they don’t have complete control of her estate. So a movie could technically be made without them green lighting it and I kind of think that’s unfortunate. So I want her family to be on board and to be happy with it. It’s still kind of lingering in the air.”

“And for me, I’ve always wanted to kind of talk about it, it’s just really, it’s uncomfortable. I don’t want to disrespect her family. I know that they’re, they don’t like it. They don’t like when they get calls from people, like, ‘Oh, I heard this about your daughter. I heard this.’ Because it’s painful for them. So I know that the lawyer and even them and even my team who have kind of like you know, it’s happy, it’s better for everyone to not really speak on it and I’m just feel like you know, I’m not supposed to speak on it, but I know in this situation, yeah, it’ kind of, it’s a long time coming and I know people really want to know what’s going on. So yeah, I definitely think this was the perfect time to tell you.”


Read more: http://singersroom.com/content/2012-04-22/Keshia-Chante-Updates-on-Progress-of-Aaliyah-Biopic/#ixzz23LOFqako
 

I must admit that there is an uncanny resemblance between Aaliyah and Keshia.... I am/was a big fan of Aaliyah and as a fan I would love to see a biopic of her life.  As a person who has loss a family member, I can understand not being ready to see my loved one's life all over the TV, radio and Internet again.

What do you think?  Would you spend your money to watch the Biopic of Aaliyah Haughton?????

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive

Popular Posts